Sunday, November 30, 2008

Deck the Halls!




Yesterday, after much deliberation, we went to a tree farm to purchase a real live tree. Originally we were going to put up an artificial tree, however, I just love the whole tradition of going out and cutting down your own tree. Plus, who can't resist that fresh cut Christmas tree smell? I know I can't. I'm planning on hauling out all of our decorations today. I seem to be surprised every year we bring them out. There is always something I forgot we had and I get to relive that excitement of getting something new all over again. This must be what people with memory problems feel like.

Tim and I were fortunate enough to escape this madness for a moment in time. Last night we went up to Seattle to see Brandi Carlile. First we met our friends Richard and April who live up in Lakeland Hills. We carpooled with them to Anthony's Restaurant. Where we met another good friend of ours, Jason. We enjoyed wonderful food and company. After dinner we went to Benaroya Hall to see Brandi with the Seattle Symphony. Tim and I have been fans of Brandi's for some time now, but this was our first concert of hers. Let me tell you, we were blown away! It was awesome. I can't believe how much better she is live, not to mention with the Seattle Symphony behind her. Thanks Jason for scoring us the tickets.

All in all we enjoyed a lovely extended weekend. So sorry to see it end. Well, time to deck the halls with boughs of holly.




1 comment:

amy said...

Little Jackie boy is starting to look more like you my sister.... at least in the last picture.... yeah Lymangrover genes for showing up:)

Tunes


Labels