Saturday, November 22, 2008

Sex Changes, Naughty Two Year Olds, and Juicing

My last post stated that we had two brothers (kittens) Edgar and Po. Well after publishing that post, I took them to the Vet. for their first shots and was surprised to hear that Po is a girl. So apparently we have a brother and sister. I know this totally throws your world upside down, but try and relax everything will be ok.
I don't know what was with Lily this last Friday, but whatever it was I'm glad to see she's back to her original self. It all started when I put her down for her afternoon nap. Well, apparently she was not tired enough to just lay there and sleep. This is not abnormal usually she plays a bit and then goes back to bed for her nap. However, on Friday she decided to use the little potty I have in her room to go Number 2. I am ok and pleased with the fact she knows to get up and use it, what I'm not pleased with is that she doesn't do such a great job with the clean up and wiping of herself. So, when I went back up to check on her, I found what should have been wiped and put in the potty everywhere! I cleaned and disinfected everything, changed her, and put her back down. 15 min. later I noticed she hadn't gone to sleep yet so upstairs I went. This time I found all of her picture frames (pictures inside) along with some choice stuffed animals in the fish tank. Lovely. After cleaning all of that up and trying to save any pictures I can, I decided to just lay her on the couch down stairs and put on a movie, hoping she'd fall asleep that way. I left the room for probably two min. max and returned to her coloring with a Sharpie on pretty much anything she could get her little hands on. I just don't know how she could have done all that in the time given. As soon as I left the room she must have found the Sharpie, ran over to the computer, grabbed paper from the printer drawn quite the intricate picture, drawn a quick doodle on the couch, given herself a beautiful face painting, and finished with a circular picture on a toy. And all of that in just minutes. This just confirms the fact that she really is fast. I probably should be more upset, but I'm kind of impressed. I just hope this is not a glimpse of whats to come.

I finally received my Jack La Lanne juicer I've been waiting for. I absolutely love it! I can't think of any other way to say it other then, I'm hooked on the juice! I love a little (ok a lot) of fresh juice in the morning to wake me up and give me that energy I need. My current favorite combo is Carrot/Apple/Grape. Yum, yum, yum, deliciouso! Yep took that from Dora the Explorer, jealous?

With this cooler weather and holiday season approaching, I find myself lighting a fire in our fireplace more often. I just love a warm fire burning at home. I also love the idea that it saves us on our energy bill as well. All in all it's a win, win, win. I think I may just put up our Christmas tree and decor before Thanksgiving. Well, ok that may be a little too ambitious, but I am going to try and phase out the fall while bringing in the Christmas. I just can't wait. I don't know what it is this year, but I'm really feeling the Christmas Spirit early. Maybe it's the Peppermint Americano I've taken a fancy to.

1 comment:

amy said...

Cute layout.... Ive got the itch to change mine now:)
Thanks

Tunes


Labels