Friday, April 3, 2009

{The Promise of Spring}

Spring has sprung in Sumner! I love it! I spotted these first blooms in my front yard yesterday. Lily and I picked them, placed them in water, and set them in the kitchen to enjoy. I absolutely love Spring and all that it brings. Even the rain. OK, not ALL of the rain, but it does have some good points. Like, the smell after a rain. The air smells so fresh and new. It seems as though our little town has awakened out of its Winter slumber. I notice more people out and about taking in this new Season. You know its Spring in Sumner when you can hear booms and clangs from the High School Band practicing around your streets. Lily and Jack love to get out on the front porch when they parade down our street and dance to the beat. It's an awesome perk to living in downtown Sumner. One of my favorite happenings is when it is a somewhat warm Spring day and then it gets a little blustery and dark clouds roll in and it down pours. There is so much excitement in Spring weather. You never know what each day will bring. And of course all of the wonderful blooms that pop up, peppering the ground with colorful explosions amongst the green landscape. Oh, how I love Spring!

2 comments:

Bunny said...

Beautiful! You guys live in an AWESOME town. And I LOVE Sugar Babies (not fair that you are so close!)
Hey, I checked out your scentsy website but I"m kinda slow....I"d like to do a basket party in California but I don't know how to go about doing that. I was thinking the end of April when I travel down to Los Angeles. Please let me know what I need to do! Thanks!

amy said...

Oh how I love the sun too! Yesterday was a perfect example of how nice it is to enjoy the weather and this wonderful town we live in:) {the parade}

Tunes


Labels