Saturday, April 11, 2009

Happy 8th Birthday Cade!


Our nephew Cade turns eight today. He is a funny, smart, happy-go-lucky little boy. And if you've seen the rest of the Carlson crew you know what I mean when I say, the darker of the four:) One of my fondest memories of Cade happened when Tim & I had just moved into the house we have now. Cade (as well as all of our nephews and nieces) LOVED the upstairs for some reason. I think it is due to the fact that it's a half-story so it is kind of attic style with a couple cozy little dormers. Cade just took to those nooks and absolutely enjoyed going up there every time he came over. Well, it was on one of these times upstairs where he confided in me that he never wanted to leave and he wanted to stay up there forever. He even went as far as to ask one of the kids (I think it was Corbin) "Wouldn't it be fun to live up here?" As to which Corbin replied very non-chalantly, "No." It was very cute to see his face lit up with such excitement at the possibility.

Happy 8th Birthday Cade! We pray you never loose that excitement of life and wonder of each possibility it brings!

{I know, all of my pictures are from my wedding. They're the only ones I had readily available at the time.}

1 comment:

amy said...

Thanks Kate.... that was sweet as usual. It was a nice treat to see the pictures of your special day.... I have never seen those pictures. Maybe I need to hop on my bike and cruise on over to look at you wedding pictures again.

Tunes


Labels