Friday, February 27, 2009

I am a global daughter


I have known Erika and Erin (founders of Global Daughter) for quite some time now. They have always been great friends of mine. I count myself blessed to have grown up with such wonderful women out to improve the lives of other women around the world. And that is just what they are doing with their amazing fair trade business, Global Daughter. If you haven't had a chance to check it out yet, please do at http://www.globaldaughter.com/.
Global Daughter's mission is
"Through fair trade initiatives and skills development training, Global Daughter creates an opportunity for otherwise marginalized women to have an outlet for their handicraft talents and a connection to the global market. Our goal is to give women in developing countries the tools to retain stable employment, achieve financial independence and establish a sustainable way of life."
These are a few pictures I found of Erika, Erin, & I in our younger years. We had some good times! Love you girls! Hope all is well.



{Erika & I in our younger years... we're on a tree that had just recently fallen over in my backyard}



{Erika & I the summer before high school}

{Erin & I at Erika's house freshmen year...we used to dress up, dance around and take pictures. Sorry Erin this is the only picture I could find of us two. I know I have others, somewhere:) }



1 comment:

Brianna said...

Thanks Katie!! Those pictures are awesome. You girls were always raiding my old dance costumes and living it up! I still have those pants you are wearing in that pic with Erin! Thanks for the Global Daughter support! Good luck in the contest!!!

Tunes


Labels