Friday, January 9, 2009

Sugar, sugar.





Look good? I just finished baking these awesome cupcakes! OK, I may be a little biased. I like to refer to them as my pink sugar cupcakes. Now I realize my piddly little camera does not do them justice, however, you need to trust me on this one... they're unbelievable! My little pink sugars consist of chocolate cake batter with a pinch of coconut and a small amount of my secret ingredient thrown in. The frosting is a simple butter cream with a sprinkle of pink sugar and a tad bit of coconut to top it off. I made these for my big Scentsy open house tomorrow. So, if you are planning on attending this grand event, you will be rewarded for your presence with one of these little gems, if you so choose. Now, for those unfortunate few who can not attend tomorrow evening, so sad too bad.
On a different note, I have to let you know of the drama that was last night. So, my little Jackie boy has been battling with this really horrible cold for a couple of weeks. I thought his infliction was on the way out by now, but in the back of my mind I knew there was something off. I noticed that he wasn't eating as much as he usually does and sleeping, what's that? So, when he woke up 30 min. after we laid him down for the night screaming "bloody murder" I knew I had to do something. Tim and I discussed what action we would take, I left with Jack to the ER. Tim had to stay home with sleeping Lily. Upon arriving at Good Sam, a rush of feelings and memories swept over me. It had been almost two years exactly since Tim and I had urgently walk through those doors with our first, Lily. After many hours there, we walked away learning she had contracted RSV and all would be OK, eventually. So here I was back at it again, but with a different child and by myself this time. If you are fortunate enough not to have breached that emergency room thresh hold, count yourself blessed. I had never been there until I had children. Just imagine a bar with no drinks, tables, music, or dancing. Bright lights are all around as well as people, and not the kind you would mind hanging out at a bar with. These individuals are of a different kind. They're mostly made up of sickies with a few suspicious characters thrown in. Now, I did witness a few patients who you might have seen in a bar, or stumbling out. After a couple hours spent waiting to be seen and a few minutes actually being seen, we found out what I had suspected all along. Jack's cold had grown into an ear infection with a touch of bronchiolitis. So all is well now with antibiotics and nebulizers. It's good to be home.

4 comments:

Bunny said...

Katie! Your cupcakes are beautiful! I can't be at your scentsy party, it's so unfair!!!
I"m glad that Jack is okay now! You are a wonder woman! You go girl!

Bunny said...

By the way, the pink and white platter in the background looks sensational! You always have had such wonderful taste! ;-)

Safe Candles by Scentsy said...

Hope you had a great Scentsy party! Scentsy candles are a safe, wickless and fun alternative to wicked candles to fragrant your home.
http://www.safecandlesbyscents.com

JILLE123 said...

Hey Katie - I didn't even know you had a baby!!! Perhaps Amy mentioned it, and I spaced - but gosh, I can't recall. I was just checking out Amy's darling blog, and I stumbled across yours. You & your family are beautiful ~ Take care - Jill

Tunes


Labels