Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Good Bye Oli. Hello Lucy.

This weekend we said goodbye to our temporary cat Oliver. My sister Sally picked him up yesterday. And let me tell you, the house has never been so quiet. What a relief not to hear meowing all of the time! It's like he wanted to be fed and let out of his create everyday! Just kidding Sal :) We loved having him here. Feel free to drop him off anytime. I know Lily would love her running mate back. That girl loves to run! And she's good at it too. I guess she would have to be after all of the running around the house she does. She told me the other day that she's fast. I love to hear her when she turns a corner and makes this "vshoo" sound, letting everybody in hearing distance know that she's too fast to make a corner silently. On Saturday Lily received her second haircut. Once again, my sister Amy snipped the back few hairs on her head in our attempt to move Lily's hairstyle from mullet to cute little bob. It's a never ending battle. Her hair seems to naturally gravitate to that oh so adorable mullet style. If only we lived in the hills of West Virginia.
Lily's hair cut, in action. She's very serious about her hair cuts.

We also went to my friend Carly's house for a birthday party on Sat. Lucy, Carly's hound dog, was turning two. It was fun to see Carly and her family. We don't get together as often as we should. We only live minutes apart and yet two people with college degrees and one with a masters (Carly not me) can not figure out how to fix this. I think, or like to believe, that we're just too busy. Any who, it was great fun. We enjoyed yummy adult drinks, badminton, volleyball, and my personal favorite, balls on a string. As always, Carly had a nice spread of food. For dinner she served individual pizzas that we put together and her friend Eric bar-b-qued. This was a big hit! All in all, it was a fun filled weekend. Looking forward to next weekend. We will be traveling down to Ocean Shores for the Labor Day festivities. And of course, Lily's 2nd birthday:) I'm praying for fun in the sun and as always, a safe trip.





1 comment:

amy said...

Kudos to the hairdresser... gorgeous work:)

Tunes


Labels