Sunday, December 28, 2008

Happy Birthday Kyler!

Yesterday was my niece Kyler's 12th birthday. I cannot believe she is twelve and in middle school already. I remember volunteering in her first grade classroom like it was yesterday. Oh, how the days have gone by! And in the days that past, what times we've enjoyed; some happy some sad. Here are a few glimpses of times past in the life of Kyler.
1. When my sister Amy was due to have her second child Kyler was very excited, mostly due to the fact that she believed Amy was having a sister for her to play with. Much to her dismay, they welcomed a little boy Corbin into their family. "but where's my baby sister?" is all Kyler could say.
2. Another favorite memory of mine happened around her second birthday (I think). The Disney movie Tarzan had just come out and she had memorized most of the words to You'll be in my heart. I can still see that little girl sitting at her kitchen table with golden brown ringlets singing this song. So precious!

3. Last and possibly my favorite happened at one of my bridal showers. I unwrapped a beautiful jewelry box, handmade by Kyler. That pretty much describes Kyler for me. She's sweet, thoughtful, and always so creative! She's constantly making great things and crafts for the people she loves. We love you Kyler! Happy Birthday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Too cute!! Happy Birthday Kyler.

amy said...

Thanks for the sweet words Kate.... we loved it! I love to be reminded of memories I seemed to have forgotten:)

Tunes


Labels