Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday My Dear Sister


June 28th was my little sister Sally's birthday. Sally and I are the last two of four girls in our family. Sally and I enjoyed many good times together growing up. I couldn't have asked for a better little sister. We barely ever fought and most always were together. We didn't even need to speak to know what the other was thinking. In fact, we had secret codes and hand signals for things only we knew. (LP Sal? ;) We always knew how to make each other laugh. Needless to say, I look back on our friendship growing up and feel so blessed to have her as a sister. One of the hardest things for me was when Sally decided to move away to college and I had stayed home to attend one near by. It was hard to get used to (and still is at times) not having her always available to hang out and joke around with. How I miss those days:) Sally doesn't live too far away, just 30-45 minutes, so we still see each other when our schedules allow it. We still share that friendship and love it's just stretched longer over distance. Love you Sal!

4 comments:

Alysha Holmquist said...

What cute pictures!!! LoL I remember when we were little and Sally had that curly hair :o)

amy said...

The picture of you two having good times with the soda.... cracked me up:)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet Katie, thank you :)
I loved the pictures too! I remember how special we thought that soda was because it was in the old fashioned glass bottles... life was so simple, easy and fun!
PS:I might bring some LP to the ocean, do you want to play with me? ;)
love you,
Sal

carolyn said...

i love that pic of you and the soda bottles - i remember when i was little and glass soda bottles were special too ...that memory is shared over a couple generations :-)
it must be nice to have a sister to share growing up with - i was the youngest of three (and had two older brothers)!

hope you are enjoying your summer.

Tunes


Labels